The other day I was thinking about Pack Wars / Mini Masters and wondering how to do something similar with $1 repacks. Then eureka! The Repack Rumble was born.
Here is the video I shot for my YouTube channel explaining this format.
Hmm, what about a Pack Wars Cube? Now there is an idea.
Following on from the previous post I have opened the 6 re-packs that I bought from Dollarama, here is what was in each:
- Onyx Talisman (Ice Age – Uncommon)
- Jolrael’s Centaur (Mirage – Common)
- Ondu Giant (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common – Japanese)
- Fylamarid (Tempest – Uncommon)
- Krark-Clan Grunt (Mirrodin – Common)
- Venom (4th Etition – Common)
- Wall Of Faith (M10 – Common)
- Kitesail (Worldwake – Common)
- Macabre Waltz (Dissention – Common)
- Windstorm (M10 – Common)
- Deathforge Shaman (Worldwake – Uncoomon)
- Island (Shards Of Alara – Basic Land)
- Rackling (Nemesis – Uncommon)
- Ramosian Sergeant (Mercadian Masques- Common)
- Seeker (4th Edition – Common)
- Kindled Fury (M10 – Common – Japanese)
- Bogardan Rager (Time Spiral – Common)
- Zektor Shrine Expedition (Zendikar – Common – Japanese)
- Slay (Planeshift – Uncommon)
- Jedit’s Dragoons (Time Spiral – Common)
- Snake Umbra (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common)
- Eye Of Nowhere (Champions Of Kamigawa – Common)
- Territorial Baloth (Zendikar – Common)
- Pyroclasm (Ninth Edition – Uncommon)
- Giant Spider (Fifth Edition – Common)
- Stalwart Shield-Bearers (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common)
- Painwracker Oni (Champions Of Kamigawa – Uncommon)
- Treetop Bracers (Tenth Edition – Common)
- Searing Spear Askari (Mirage – Common)
- Nimbus Wings (Zendikar – Common – Japanese)
- Corrupted Zendikon (Worldwake – Common)
- Giant Scorpion (Zendikar – Common)
- Caustic Crawler (Worldwake – Uncommon)
- Centaur Courser (M10 – Common)
- Shanodin Dryads (4th Edition – Common)
- Cheiftain en-Dal (Nemisis – Uncommon)
- Leaf Arrow (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common – Japanese)
- Ballyrush Banneret (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common)
- Skyshroud Condor (Tempest – Uncommon)
- Whalebone Glider (Ice Age – Uncommon)
- Auger il-Vec (Future sight – Common)
- Stalking Tiger (Sixth Edition – Common)
- Toils of Night and Day (Betrayers of Kamigawa – Common)
- Manaforce Mace (Conflux – Uncommon – Japanese)
- Vampire’s Bite (Zendikar – Common)
- Storm Crow (Alliances – Common)
- Grave Digger (M10 – Common)
- Red Elemental Blast (Revised – Common)
- Viserid Deepwalker (Time Spiral – Common)
- Festering Wound (Uzra’s Destiny – Uncommon)
- Lumithread Field (Future Sight – Common)
- Caravan Escort (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common)
- Ignite Disorder (M10 – Uncommon – Japanese)
- Moriok Scavanger (Mirrodin – Common)
- Kraken Hatchliing (Zendikar – Common)
- Stream Of Life (Revised – Common)
- Vendetta (Rise Of The Eldrazi – Common)
- Blaze (Eighth Edition – Uncommon)
- Lava Axe (M10 – Common)
- Nightshade Seer (Urza’s Destiny – Uncommon)
In the next post I will talking about which picks were made to produce the 30-card deck.
Interestingly I went into the same Dollarama store yesterday and they had been completely ‘cleaned out’ of the 10-card re-packs.
Thanks to a reader of the blog, Catherine, it has been brought to my attention that Dollarama are selling 10 card re-packs of Magic The Gathering. She tells me that, on a trip to Newfoundland, she discovered the local Dollarama stocked packs of Magic cards (the 10-card re-packs variety).
Armed with this new found knowledge and recently aware that a new Dollarama had opened in Scotia Square (Halifax, NS), I visited said establishment and found that they had quite a number of these re-packs alongside the usual Chaotic, Pokemon and Hockey card re-packs.
I then had a crazy idea, based on a format I had seen played on MTGO/MODO. The format; this was something called 4-pack sealed (or, by some, 30-card sealed) where you use 4 MTG booster packs to build a 30 card deck (I think on MTGO they currently use M11 or SOM for this). The crazy idea; this was to buy the equivalent number of re-packs at Dollarama, enough to give you 60 cards, and from this build a 30 card deck. So, I bought 6 of the 10-card re-packs. All for the princely sum of $6.90 (tax included).
So, over the next few days, I will hopefully get around to building the deck, filming the process, and play-testing against other 30-card decks (we have all five of the most recent MTG 30 card promo decks in the house). The results of this will then be posted on the blog.
So here’s to the Dollarama Sealed Deck Format!!!
While I was driving around, not only did I pop over to Toys R Us in the Mic Mac Mall to get some Ultra-Pro Pocket Pages to keep my booster pack cards in, but I figured that I would swing by another Zellers in Dartmouth (at Colby Village Shopping Center off Cole Harbour Road) to see what MtG stock they carry.
Their cards are kept over near the DVD\Electronics counter and they had a few Worldwake boosters, a Worldwake Intro deck, a solitary Zendikar booster and I also noticed that had some Ultra-Pro Pocket Pages albums which included 100 pages. Unfortunately, their prices are not clearly displayed (something I also noticed at the other Zellers I checked out at the weekend).
I also discovered that Dollarama, at the Tacoma Centre off Main Street, stock deck protectors (the heavy-duty type) in their hockey cards section.
So, it turned out to be, quite an interesting trip around Dartmouth today.